The FST Supervisor will ensure that each customer interaction with the FST’s result in a positive customer experience specifically in the areas of installation, troubleshooting, training and proper use of NASCENT products and solutions. This includes but is not limited to reviewing and implementing improved processes, streamlining procedures, establishing standards and maintaining work instructions. This role is customer oriented, results driven, and passionate about delivering innovative quality services to delight our customers. To be successful, this role will need to work well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
As FST Supervisor, he/she will also ensure that all departmental personnel are thoroughly trained in safety as it related to work activities within NASCENT and externally in support of Customer Site activities, establish training plans and schedules for the FST team and recognize when opportunities exist to capture additional revenue and recovery for NASCENT. Candidate will work in a dynamic environment with innovative technology and will be responsible for working with both hardware and software solutions.
- Manage/ supervise/train a team of Field Service Technicians (FST) and coordinate field deployment activities to support customer sites and equipment.
- Respond to field service requests at various client sites and have the ability to travel with valid passport ID. (Current sites include locations across the continental United States, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Columbia, Dominican Republic, Alaska and Canada).
- Participate in pre-installation activities (meetings, individual reviews, walk through, etc.) to help ensure successful installations.
- Effectively diagnose and resolve technical hardware and electrical issues.
- Verify/Modify software configurations and perform field tests to confirm proper operation.
- Research issues with a variety of hardware tools and software applications.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Clients, VARs, Subcontractors, Client Relationship Managers (CRM’s) and other resources on the project team.
- Stay current with equipment/products, system information, changes, and updates.
- Inspect the work of subcontractors, ensuring NASCENT standards are met. Identify failures and manage subcontractors through resolutions.
- Configure and test various components of the AGS System, in-house and remotely.
- Maintain inventory and documentation required for FSTs to successfully complete their responsibilities.
- Maintain procedures to inspect subcontractor/VAR work to ensure NASCENT standards are met.
- Assist engineering, manufacturing and SOC departments when your time and skills allow.
- Maintain and update installation specifications for AGS lane equipment as well as enVision portals.
- Provide backup FST support in the field as needed
- AS Degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 2 years of relevant electronics installation experience helpful.
- 5+ years hands on electrical experience preferred.
- Experienced in the installation of server/ network equipment, outdoor equipment and NEMA type panel enclosures desired.
- Working knowledge of electrical equipment, hand tools and electronic test equipment.
- Ability to professionally interface with customers.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of remote access tools and networking.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Ability to work closely with SOC Department in a call center environment.
- Demonstrated excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of cable termination methods.
- Basic low voltage termination experience.
- Very comfortable with 85-90% travel
- Must have clean driving record and the ability to pass a federal background check to access customer sites.
- Capable of operating various types of man-lifts (scissor, bucket, boom, etc.) to 30’ in the air. (Weight requirements: Employee and tools cannot exceed 250 lbs.)
- Quickly adapting to changing environments, products, and technologies.
- Ability to pass various, hands-on, electronics-based tests at interview time.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented and a team player with a professional and flexible disposition. The ability to think logically and troubleshoot electronics is critical.
Other desired skills:
- Windows and Linux Operating Systems, both Server and Workstation.
- Intermodal Industry experience.
- Networking design and implementation.
- Telecommunications installation experience.
- Kiosk systems.
- Gate arm systems and ground loops.
- Structured cabling.
- Video surveillance camera systems.
- Must have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Team oriented.
- Mentoring and leadership skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Adaptability, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Manufacturing facilities, engineering lab, rail yards, shipping terminals and call center environments
- Excessive travel - hotel / airports / planes / driving
- TWIC & e-RAILSAFE Certifications must be attained.
- Exposed to all types of weather.
- Own or purchase steel toe boots; vests provided.
- Must be able to stand and use computer and phone equipment for long periods.
- Must tolerate stressful customer service situations gracefully.
- Flexible with working remotely for projects/implementation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Health - Company pays portion
Dental - Employee Paid
Vision - Employee Paid
Short Term Disability - Employee Paid
LTD / Life / AD&D = 100 % Company Paid
15 PTO Days
9 Paid Holidays