This role is responsible for SQL based maintenance and development with extensive work in designing and building high-quality, high-performance applications and services. You will work with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to research, design, develop, and test software solutions for our company’s growing line of industrial automation products. The candidate will assist in the development for AGS 2.0 (Automated Gate System). The role will be SQL heavy with some exposure to .NET development. The SQL development will take place inside of stored procedures. Initially the resource will work closely with a senior developer to create plans of action and proposed stored procedure changes. There will also be occasional .NET proposed changes.
The successful candidate will be a responsible, motivated, self-started who is able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Research, design and develop major functional and performance enhancements for existing products and develop new software products and tools.
- Work to become the primary stakeholder of the AGS 2.0 product.
- Resolving tickets and working to design and develop software for change requests
- Design and develop applications predominately in SQL on a Microsoft platform
- Will be a point of contact for all AGS 2.0 product questions, issues and resolutions
- Analyze and code complex modules, define data structures, and specify test tools
- Solve problems and create solutions for systems and applications
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues in complex systems and components
- Communicate effectively (written and verbally) with management, systems engineers, and other software developers on ideas and solutions
- Successfully complete multiple simultaneous tasks in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Actively participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule
- Take ownership of SQL projects
- Plan, document and execute software testing activities
- Design and implement software in line with best practice
- Perform rapid-prototyping to support functional requirement development
- Perform Deep dive analysis improving hardware, software interfaces
- Test and validate new software features within our products and solutions and/or on the test bench
- Minimum 4 years of commercial software engineering experience using SQL
- Ability and willingness to analyze and support code written by others, as well as the ability to create your own clean sheet designs
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction
- Experience with CRUD, JOINs, GROUP BYs, etc.
- Experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Experience with source control and bug tracking tools
- Extensive knowledge of Performance Tuning SQL Queries using Show Execution Plan to Identifying problems that impact queries performance.
- Ensure best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security, documentation, and change management.
- The ability to proactively drive technical solutions in a collaborative environment
- .NET Development (1+ Year experience) including C#/VB.NET
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Ability to interpret process and data flow diagrams into requirements and tasks based on changes
- Amazon Web Services - Relationship Database Service(RDS)
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Certifications are a plus
- Must have a passion for delivering exceptional products
- Team oriented
- Mentoring and leadership skills
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Complex problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written customer service skills
- Must be able to sit and use computer and equipment for long periods
- Must tolerate stressful situations gracefully
- Flexible with working remote as needed for projects/implementation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Health - Company pays portion
Dental - Employee Paid
Vision - Employee Paid
Short Term Disability - Employee Paid
LTD / Life / AD&D = 100 % Company Paid
15 PTO Days
9 Paid Holidays