Candidate must be comfortable learning new technologies. Candidate must demonstrate skills required to accomplish complete product lifecycle from concept, release to manufacturing, through end of life cycle. This position requires the candidate to work closely with product development engineers, purchasing and fulfillment personnel, to support the development and order requirements of new products and continuous improvement of existing products. Must demonstrate proficient knowledge in Solidworks sheet metal fabrication and Solidworks plastics.
* Create detailed design documentation; fabrication/ assembly drawings, civil drawings and wire/ cable diagrams.
* Estimate time and costs required to complete CAD / Solidworks designs for projects deliverables.
* Define, create and maintain development methodologies, procedures and standards.
* Create drawings in both 2 and 3-dimensional form.
* Aid in the selection of materials for product designs.
* Produce final mechanical design specifications for fabrication and assembly.
* Maintain / manage parts files database with part numbers and revisions.
* Schedule design review meetings to discuss mechanical designs with engineering team.
Required skills & knowledge
- Solidworks and/or AutoCAD experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Two year degree and/or 2 years proven experience.
- Industrial product design of parts and assemblies.
- Sheet metal and molded plastics design.
- Wiring/ Cable harness assembly drawings.
- Design for manufacturability/ assembly and repair (DFMA-R).
- Work with vendors and internal purchasing agents to develop material selection and manufacturing methods.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and methodologies.
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Quickly adapting to changing environments, products, and technologies.
- Occasional travel to vendor’s facilities for inspection of parts, manufacturing methods and prototype design.
- Ability to present plans to peers, internal customers, vendors and management team.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Must have a passion for delivering exceptional Customer service.
- Team oriented.
- Mentoring and leadership skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Presentation skills.
- MS Office experience; Outlook, Word, Excel
- Adaptability, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written customer service skills (internal & external customers).
- Manufacturing facilities/ Office environment; occasional trips to rail yards and shipping terminals.
- Must be able to sit and use computer equipment for long periods.
- Must tolerate stressful customer service situations gracefully.
- Flexible with working remote as needed for projects/implementation.
- Occasional travel may be required; less than 20%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Health - Company pays portion
Dental - Employee Paid
Vision - Employee Paid
Short Term Disability - Employee Paid
LTD / Life / AD&D = 100 % Company Paid
15 PTO Days
9 Paid Holidays